[OpenAFS] Some questions about AFS

Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:04:53 -0500

Anders Magnusson wrote:

> Hm, ok.
> Is kaserver used if the servers are running on Windows?   And would it
> be difficult to fix
> the account manager to work against any server?

The Account Manager is essentially a graphical 'kadmin' for kaserver.
If you want a graphical 'kadmin' for Heimdal or MIT or Active Directory
it would need to be developed from scratch.

> The reason I'm asking is that we may want to make use of the ability for
> people to create
> and maintain their own groups, and that would require something more
> user-friendly than
> the command-line stuff :-)

Please take a look at the proposals for Explorer Shell Extension
Improvements and the OpenAFS Control Panel Replacement.  I suspect they
are what you are looking for.

     http://www.secure-endpoints.com/openafs-windows-roadmap.html

I am seeking funding for both development projects.

Jeffrey Altman
Secure Endpoints Inc.