[OpenAFS] [XPost] some informations about JAFS

Alessio Rocchi alexrocchi@gmail.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:45:09 +0100

------=_Part_18887_4632015.1201812309222

Hi everybody.
I apologize for having x-posted the following message, but i'm interested in
both users' and developers' opinions. Thank you.
I'm writing to ask you for some informations about JAFS (The Java APIs for
openAFS).
For a project i'm following, i'm considering to migrate my current perl code
toward a java implementation using JAFS.
So, before starting a porting task (with the obvious problems it can bring),
I'd like to know the following things:
- What is the project status? Is it up-to date? is it stable? Is it actively
maintained?
- Are the results provided by it reliable?
- I already tried to compile it, and i saw that it's not working well with
jdk>1.4 (but it's not a big issue). Is there any plan to make it compatible
with the newer versions of the jvm?

Thank you in advance,
A.

------=_Part_18887_4632015.1201812309222

For a project i&#39;m following, i&#39;m considering to migrate my current perl code toward a java implementation using JAFS.<br>

A.<br>

------=_Part_18887_4632015.1201812309222--