[OpenAFS] Re: Help: Cannot execute pts createuser

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 1 Jun 2011 09:53:41 -0500

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 10:28:11 +0800
Lee Eric <openlinuxsource@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Marcus, your way solved the problem. And shall I use -localauth
> for the following installation procedure? Andrew, yes, I followed a
> guide from the OpenAFS official website,
> http://docs.openafs.org/QuickStartUnix/index.html. And it says I shall
> use -noauth in installation procedure.
>
> Any ideas?

That guide also says to start the database server processes with the
-noauth flag. If you don't do that, you'll get the error you saw.

But the way Marcus describes is a newer and better way to achieve the
same thing, so if you got that working, then great.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net