[OpenAFS] How to setup Heimdal Kerberos 5 for OpenAFS 1.7.15 Client on Windows 7

Gautam U Raut gautraut@in.ibm.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:29:44 +0530

Hi All,

I hope this is a right forum for discussing below mentioned problem.

I have a Windows 7 x64 bit client machine and a valid KDC.
I have been provided a username and password for that KDC.
I have installed OpenAFS 1.7.15 client on this my client machine
along with Heimdal 1.5.

I want to use Heimdal Kerberos 5 with this OpenAFS installation.

I have configured krb5.conf as:

[libdefaults]
	default_realm = NAME_OF_REALM
	allow_weak_crypto = true
	clockskew = 300

[realms]
	NAME_OF_REALM = {
		kdc = valid_DNS_name.DNS.com:88
		admin_server = valid_DNS_name.DNS.com:749
	}

[domain_realm]
	.DNS.com = NAME_OF_REALM
	DNS.com = NAME_OF_REALM

Now what other steps I need to do in order to get things working.

Regards,
Gautam