[OpenAFS] Any preference for RHEL file servers

Garance A Drosehn drosih@rpi.edu
Fri, 03 Apr 2015 14:42:19 -0400

It looks like I'll finally get around to upgrading our AFS fileserver
machines.  The new ones will be using Redhat enterprise, and I was just
wondering if there is any reason to prefer RHEL6 vs RHEL7, as far as
openafs itself is concerned.

I realize redhat will support RHEL7 for a lot longer than RHEL6, but
it also seems to me that a lot of things have changed at the sysadmin
level for RHEL7.  So, I'm just curious if one of them is better than
the other when it comes to AFS fileservers.  These machines will only
be used for AFS fileservers, no other services on them.

Thanks.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn                =     drosih@rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer               or   gad@FreeBSD.org