[OpenAFS] problems with ubuntu 18.04 client

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Fri, 5 Oct 2018 09:50:47 -0500

On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 09:21:31AM +0200, Andreas Ladanyi wrote:
> > You need to update your apparmor policy to allow rw access to
> > /var/cache/openafs/**; accesses are performed by the kernel cache manager
> > on behalf of all processes and apparmor's view of the credentials do not
> > line up.  MIT's configuration does this as of
> > https://github.com/mit-athena/apparmor-config/commit/e3b34ce4d455574a235bbb8a512ad99f75155bc7
> >
> > -Ben
>
> Is the openafs bug which is workaround by the apparmor config since
> release 1.8 or also in 1.6 ?
>
> The date of the commit is from february this year. AFS 1.8 was released
> at april this year.

The details of the openafs bug are not known (otherwise it would be fixed
already).  It may be new in 1.8 -- January/February was when we started
introducing 1.8.0 prereleases into Debian/Ubuntu, so the apparmor issues
may have been new at that time.

-Ben