[OpenAFS] problems with ubuntu 18.04 client

Gaja Sophie Peters gaja.peters@uni-hamburg.de
Mon, 8 Oct 2018 14:11:25 +0200

Am 02.10.2018 um 15:44 schrieb Andreas Ladanyi:

>> We were probably just lucky, or the packages from the 1.8 ppa
>> http://ppa.launchpad.net/openafs/stable/ubuntu never had the problem.
> Did you use 1.8.0 from ppa for the clients in the past or did you start
> at 1.8.2 when switching from 1.6 release ?

Apologies for the late answer. We had to switch to the PPA ages ago
(since some time in 2013), since the regular Ubuntu DKMS-module made
occasionally troubles with Ubuntu kernel updates. So the switch for us
was at the same time when 1.8 appeared in the PPA. Looking back, it was
on the 25th of April 2018 - we had to change our "apt-get update" line
to something like this, before it worked, though

apt-get --allow-releaseinfo-change-label update

Without that, Ubuntu 18.04 wouldn't accept the name-change of 'OpenAFS
1.6.x stable releases' to 'OpenAFS stable releases (1.8.x)' (Ubuntu
14.04 and 16.04 accepted it without that)

Greetings,
Gaja Peters