[OpenAFS] openafs 1.8.x aklog -setpag not working? (Scientific Linux 6.10, Centos)

r.laatsch Rainer.Laatsch@t-online.de
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 21:53:37 +0200

Thanks to all for writing.

Pag and token are mostly needed at login. Could all be done under PAM.

If there is no PAM given, the user must do it in his Shell startup profile.

The use of pagsh there is tricky (but possible) , but a working aklog
-setpag

makes that easy and straightforward. (One could kinit in the profile or
scp a ticket from your home

computer to /tmp/ beforehand using key login, /tmp/ is writable then.)

The dokumentation says the -setpag flag might not work everywhere.

Under 1.8.x, thats true for my environment, alas; does the code change help

somewhere else?

So i will use my working 1.6.20+ aklog further.

To avoid a full compilation of a 1.6.20+ version just for the aklog, a
much more

simple approach is to use gssklog -setpag from D.E.Engert @anl (great!),

the source is still available at

   http://www.hep.manchester.ac.uk/u/masj/gssklog/