[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Re: [GSoC2010] the kafs project of OpenAFS

Wang Lei wang840925@gmail.com
Fri, 9 Apr 2010 21:27:09 +0800

Thanks! RFC1183 seems old. The SRV RR provides more information. I
will use the SRV RR, if needed. I would judge the kafs and talk with
my project mentor.

2010/4/9 Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 8:10 AM, Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>>> To clarify. =C2=A0When using dynroot on Unix or freelance on Windows,
>>
>> To further clarify - whilst what Jeffrey has outlined is correct for Win=
dows, it misses some essential details for Unix.

>> On Unix 'dynroot' populates the local root.afs with all of the entries k=
nown to the cache manager (these may be entries in CellServDB, or ones adde=
d with fs newcell).

> Or entries in the CellAliases file, which just creates symlinks to the
> "proper" cell name.
>
>>This list is permanently populated, so ls /afs/ will list all of the cell=
s in your CellServDB.

>> The DNS is only used to lookup unknown cells if the -afsdb option is spe=
cified when starting afsd. Despite the name, this controls the use of both =
AFSDB and SRV records.