[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Out of band FetchData/StoreData

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 22:30:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

As I mentioned to Derrick, you should request a server and perhaps a client capability
flag, perhaps for precisely the experimental protocol which now exists.  Past that, perhaps it would be helpful to redirect this discussion to afs3-stds, if you're interested in getting a short list of real deployment issues the wider community would be concerned about (e.g., security implications, and satisfactory means of assuring no one is accidentally burned).

Matt