[OpenAFS] Problem with installing

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 15 May 2001 08:38:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 15 May 2001, [windows-1254] Tufan =DEen wrote:

> dest/bin/washtool make config -argument install
> make[1]: dest/bin/washtool: Command not found

where'd you get a washtool from?

> Then I used the RPMS for RedHat 7.1.
> When I try to start afs with "/etc/rc.d/init.d/afs start" I got an error
> about the kernel module. I fixed it by copying the kernel module with the
> correct name. (I added smp to the module name.) Then everything worked fi=
ne
> until I tried to write a file.

This is not a fix. a non-smp module is correctly named for use on a
non-smp system, and won't work on an smp system. You'll need to compile a
module for your system, and there are reports it won't work with the
Redhat kernel in the SMP case, which I haven't verified. OpenAFS 1.0.4 is
known to work on a 2.4.4 SMP (4 processor) system with a non-Alan-Cox
kernel.

-D