[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Security Releases 1.8.2, 1.6.23 available

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Mon, 22 Oct 2018 22:20:24 -0500

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 01:39:40PM +0000, Glick, Bill wrote:
> Richard’s approach is very similar to how I’ve been building openafs RPMs recently.
>
> Historically I used RPMs from the CentOS Storage SIG, but they haven’t officially supported OpenAFS and aren’t keeping up to date.
>
> Currently I’m trying to leverage Fedora’s COPR system to build and maintain openafs RPMs with the approach Richard (different approach to how Jonathan Billings is using COPR). I was actually working on this the last few days and am getting very close. I’m currently stuck at figuring out how to auto generate a SPEC file to pass COPR along with the generated SRPM. The COPR system appears to want to use a SPEC file to generate the binary RPMs from the SRPM. I haven’t been able to figure out how to generate a functional SPEC file using make against openafs src.

The src/packaging/RedHat/makesrpm.pl script I mentioned in
https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2018-October/042567.html
produces a spec file as an intermediate step; I would expect that that
script (or something similar) would be suitable for your purposes.

-Ben