rx/simple.example broken (Re: [OpenAFS-devel] IPv6 Status)

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sat, 03 Mar 2012 13:06:03 -0800

Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org> writes:

> If I can do a brute-force search/replace of sockaddr_in with
> sockaddr_in6 and make rx/simple.example work, we have some code to start
> discussing other changes.

AFS is not the sort of network protocol that you can convert to IPv6 by
just doing some global search and replace in the code base.  There are
significant protocol and on-disk file format issues.  For just one
example, the Ubik database that stores the VLDB information can't store
IPv6 addresses for file servers.

Just whacking the internal code structures without thinking about the
protocol impact is not going to provide any useful information.