[OpenAFS-devel] 1.6.1pre3?

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Sun, 4 Mar 2012 03:08:16 -0500

<<On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 02:43:01 -0500, Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@your-file-system.com> said:

> The other list you can subscribe to is openafs-cvs@openafs.org which
> sends notifications for each patchset that has been approved via Gerrit
> upon its submission to the openafs git repository.

Which has nothing to do with the planning for the release process,
which seems to be undertaken by some unknown group of people without
any communication to the wider community.[1] By contrast, most other
open-source projects have a public release schedule or set of release
milestones, and these things are announced on an obvious mailing-list
(like one whose name suggests that it is targeted towards developers)
on a regular basis.

-GAWollman

[1] I hope it is not the case that these people together represent
most of what's left of the AFS community outside of IBM labs.